Snow Lake Hisper Pass Trek
- Snow Lake and “The Finest Mountain Scenery in the World” (Francis Younghusband)”
- “Beyond all comparison the finest view of mountains it has been my lot to behold,” Sir Martin
- Conway, the first European to cross the Hispar Pass, speaking of Snow Lake.
116 km glacier area, which is the largest continuous glaciel system out side of the polar icecaps. It is arguably the most challenging and rewarding area in the Karakorum for trekkers and mountaineers. Biafo Glacier (60 km. long) and Hispar Glacier (61 km. long) meet at the 5151 m. Hispar Pass to form one of the longest glacial systems outside the polar regions. his highway of ice connects two ancient mountain kingdoms; Nagar in the west with Baltistan in the east. At the base of Hispar Pass on its eastern flank rests Snow Lake, a basin of ice (16 km. wide) surrounded by granite pinnacles yet to be climbed. Glaciologists have conducted various experiments on the lake and have found the ice to be approximately 1.6 km. deep. Some go as far as to say that Snow Lake represents the last of the original ice cap in the earth’s temperate zones.
Snow Lake – Biafo Hisper Glacier Trek (DAYS)
Trip departures and detailed itineraries available upon request; all departures from Islamabad unless otherwise noted. For prices please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
||ISLAMABAD – SKARDU (2300m/45 min by air)
||SKARDU – ASKOLI (3000m/7 hrs drive by jeep)
||ASKOLI – NAMLA (3690m/5 hrs)
||NAMLA – MANGO (3730m/4 hrs)
||MANGO – BIANTHA (3990/5 hrs)
||BIANTHA (rest day)
||BIANTHA – BIAFO GLACIER (4400m/6 hrs)
||BIAFO GLACIER – BELOW HISPER PASS (4780m/5 hrs)
||BELOW HISPER PASS – TOP OF HISPER PASS (5151m/3 hrs)
||TOP OF HISPER PASS – KHANIBASA (4480m/4 hrs)
||KHANI BASA – SHIKAMBARISH (4170m/5 hrs trek)
||SHIKAMBARISH – BITANMAL (3660m/4 hrs trek)
||BITANMAL – HISPER (3383m/5 hrs)
||HISPER VILLAGE – HURU (2972m/6 hrs)
||END OF TREKKING/CAMPING
||HURU – KARIMABAD (2440m/3 hrs drive by jeep)
||KARIMABAD – CHILAS (6 hrs drive by jeep/van)
||CHILAS – ISLAMABAD (12 hrs drive by jeep/van)
||Transfer to the Airport for onward flight to aboard
- Airfare Islamabad – Skardu
- Assistance upon arrival/departure.
- Hotel accommodation with full board meals.
- All meals during trek as per itinerary.
- Porterage of 16 kg per person.
- Road transfers between airport/hotel and within city as per itinerary.
- Sleeping tents, mattresses, mess, kitchen and toilet tent with tables/field stools and camping ground fees.
- Kitchen equipment, crockery, cutlery, fuel and related community gear.
- Wages of English speaking guide, sardar, cook and assistant (s).
- Insurance of our field staff and low altitude porters (except helicopter rescue).
- Porterage at airports, hotels, toll taxes and parking fee etc.
- A bottle of mineral water per person per day basis in cities.
- International & domestic airfare, airport tax, excess baggage charges.
- Sleeping bags, personal and climbing equipment of any kind high altitude food and oxygen.
- Medications, ground evacuations and helicopter rescue charges of any kind.
- Room services, laundry, beverages, phone/communication bills and items of personal nature.
- Insurance liability of member (s) and other under force majeure conditions.
- Any other service not mentioned in this condition sheet.
« Nanga Parbat Fairy Meadows
K- 2 Concordia Trek
Copyright © 2017. Mountain Travels Pakistan | Powered By Liquidnet Ltd